Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Who am I?


Bon vivant: (n) a person having cultivated, refined, and sociable tastes especially with respect to food and drink.
-Merriam-Webster Dictionary


I deem it appropriate to give you, readers, a little insight as to who I am as my first ever entry here on Confessions of a Bon Vivant.


I'm a 20-some year old gal who hails from the Midwest who truly believes in the phrase "Eat well. Live well." although the former may not always hold true, especially when certain cravings kick in. Nothing makes me happier than being in the presence of amazing company with dishes that titillate my tastebuds set right in front of me conversing and laughing the afternoon and/or evening away. And we all know that no dining experience is complete unless desserts are ordered as an end to the meal too, right? With the myriad of eateries sprinkled around my hometown, my current town, and any city I may visit or travel to, I typically gravitate towards local restaurants moreso than chain restaurants -- although I do have to admit there are a handful of good chains out there.


In addition to satisfying the epicurean side of me, I also like to balance things out by going to the gym to burn off what I just ate/to workout to eat/however you want to put it. That said, you can expect my health nut side to shine through at times. (Though I can tell you now that it won't happen too often.)


So what do I do the rest (i.e. 95%) of the time? Living the life of a professional school student. Translation: nose buried in a textbook at a local bookstore or coffee shop. So, now you may be asking yourself if you can trust the palate of a full-time nerd for restaurant reviews and the like? Well, I didn't necessarily say you should but you could. For a geek, I am actually quite local and culinary savvy as well. How's that for a one-two punch? Also, I like pictures. A lot -- whether it be of people, nature, attractions, and yes, food. Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinions and here are mine. (With photos!)


Bon Appetit!

~Bon Vivant~

No comments:

Post a Comment